Welcome!

This is where I will be posting updates on my everyday adventures on this journey called life.

Sunday 1 January 2017

Paris and Versailles in December

Bonjour!  

We arrived back in Paris on December 14, 2016.  We headed to our airbnb near Bastille, which was a fun area to be in and explore!  During the next few days, we stopped by La Pyramide du Louvre, La Tour Eiffel (though closed due to a union strike), Trocadero, Notre Dame de Paris, Basilica du Sacre-Coeur de Montmartre, and even caught the late show at the Moulin Rouge.  It was everything I imagined it would be and more!  "Feerie" was an incredible show, and I would highly recommend it for a splurge.  

I also had an amazing confit de canard not too far from our airbnb, as well as les macarons, les escargots, and les cuisses de grenouille.  We also took time to explore the different neighbourhoods in Paris, including the Latin Quarter and Chinatown.  Every metro station was decorated by a different artist, and each neighbourhood had its own charm.  Parisians were actually quite nice while we were there, and fairly understanding despite my rusty French.  Though we had purchased week passes, the Metro was free for two days while we were there, which was helpful for my sister who had joined us for the last few days.  

The last full day we were in Paris, we made a day trip out to Versailles.  The estate is enormous and we explored most of it.  I had purchased tickets ahead of time and so we were able to visit with ease.  The gardens were beautiful in their barren state, so I can only imagine how breathtaking they would be in full bloom.  We walked from the Versailles Palace to the Trainon Palaces and the Estate of Marie Antoinette on the other end of the property.  Let me assure you, that this was a trek in itself.  It was hard to imagine people actually living in these estates, due to the sheer size and ornate features.  

Overall, it was a successful trip to Paris, and I am beyond excited to see what new adventures await in 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment