Welcome!

This is where I will be posting updates on my everyday adventures on this journey called life.

Monday 21 October 2013

A Birthday and a Walk in the Park

Hello again!

Another week has gone by, and it's hard to believe it's already been 18 days!  My sister's birthday was this past weekend and it was hectic in the kitchen trying to get all the baked goods ready in time for the 'kaffee und kuchen' celebration (that's 'coffee and cake' for all you non-German speakers!).  Everything was MADE FROM SCRATCH!  Here's just a taste of what you missed...

White cake with fresh cream and mango (Happy Birthday sis!) 

From top, then left to right: 
Snickers brownies, lemon squares-but-not-squares, white cupcakes with maple butter frosting, banana cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, chocolate chunk cookies, I-love-chocolate chocolate cake with chocolate icing, lemon poppyseed loaf with white icing, and white chocolate coconut brownies - YUM!


After all the excitement of the weekend, I took a relaxing walk today through the 'Planten Un Blomen', one of the botanical gardens Hamburg has to offer.  It was amazing to see how much Hamburgers love their outdoor spaces!  Walking through the park, I noticed a lot of lawn chairs and benches that were intended for public use - and people were using them for everything!  For catching up with a friend, for a romantic date, to relax with a good book, for a quick smoke, or some, like me, to take a moment just to take in everything around them.

I was so distracted by the beauty of the park that by the time I got to the actual botanical garden, it was closed!  I guess I'll just have to go back another day :)  Until then, enjoy some of my favourite pictures from today.

Planten Un Blomen
Willkommen! 



Turtle on a stick!
















Just leaning on a tree












A Bit of Downtown!




A wild mushroom appeared!

Hamburg City Hall (I think)

Europa Passage

I hope you enjoyed my adventures this week!  Until next time - cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment