Welcome!

This is where I will be posting updates on my everyday adventures on this journey called life.

Sunday 8 December 2013

A Week in Porto & Barcelona

Hola!

Sorry for missing last week's post - it's a hectic time for me right now!  For those of you who have me on Facebook or follow me on instagram, you know that last week I spent a few days in Porto, Portugal followed by another few days in Barcelona, Spain.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous and I had an amazing time!

In Porto, I couchsurfed with Jorge and his flatemate Kim (also Alejandro and Marcelo, technically haha).  They were all really nice and friendly, and I felt right at home!  Good senses of humour and never a dull moment.

Highlights of my time in Porto include:
- standing barefoot in the Atlantic for the first time (and in December no less!)
- trying francesinha and port wine (both native to Porto)
- visiting the Serralves museum
- accidentally taking the 'scenic route' around the city to get to Pont Luis I bridge (making the walk 10x longer than it should have been... oops)
- buying boots for 7,50
- playing Settlers of Catan for the first time
- participating in an African dance class for the first time

Serralves Museum - Entrance

Serralves Museum - Park

Serralves Museum - Rose Garden (Park)

Porto beach

Atlantic ocean!

Majestic Cafe

Downtown Porto

Sao Bento Railway Station

Porto Town Hall

Random building

Random street (can you believe people walk on this?!)

Clerigos Church

Porto

Nice churches

Near Palacio da Bolsa

Enjoying a glass of port wine on the Douro, next to Pont Luis I bridge

In the District of Gaia! (across Pont Luis I bridge)

Porto from Gaia

Pont Luis I

Porto from Gaia

Porto from Gaia

Gaia

Francesinha

Beach at sunset

Beach at sunset

Highlights of my time in Barcelona include:
- walking on Las Ramblas
- seeing the Port
- going on a free walking tour of Barcelona (and making new friends!)
- seeing La Sagrada Familia
- exploring Park Guell
- eating paella and drinking sangria
- seeing various works created and/or influenced by Gaudi
- 1 euro beers at Never Mind (a punk/rock bar)

Las Ramblas

Port of Barcelona



Estatua de Colon

Port of Barcelona

On the way to Park Guell

Park Guell

Park Guell

Park Guell

Park Guell

Park Guell

Park Guell

Park Guell

Fountain

Placa Reial

Barcelona Cathedral

Christmas Log! (Catalan Santa Claus)

The only free Picasso you will ever see

La Seu (Barcelona Cathedral)

Never Mind

La Sagrada Familia

La Sagrada Familia

Casa Mila (La Pedrera)

Sunset at Park Guell

Park Guell

That concludes my travels in Portugal and Spain!  Until next time - cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment